"...They shall mount up with wings like eagles..." Isaiah 40:31
We have grouped several FAQs together by category below and hope they prove useful. For more questions or concerns, feel free to contact us by... email: email@example.com phone: 218-832-3955
General Resort Questions:
1. Q - What is required when we arrive? A - Upon arrival, we will ask you to sign in and complete a rental agreement. In addition, Minnesota State law requires us to record your vehicle information (make, model, & license plate number) and retain it on file for one year. This information is recorded on your rental agreement. Please have this information for each vehicle you bring readily available when you arrive. This helps to speed up the check-in process.
The balance of your reservation is also due upon arrival. We accept cash, personal
checks, cashier's checks, and money orders. We also accept MasterCard, Visa, and
Feel free to contact us in advance should you wish to know the balance of your bill prior to
arrival and we will gladly figure that up for you.
We do allow things like gas, bait, gift shop items, ice, food and ice cream products to be applied to a tab throughout your stay. The tab is settled up the evening before you leave.
2. Q - What are check-in and check-out times? A - Check-in time is 3 PM or later on the day of your arrival. Check-out time is by 9 AM on
the day of your departure. Please respect these times for proper cleaning of the rental
units. Early check-in and late check-out times must be pre-approved and may be subject
to an extra half-day charge.
3. Q - Do you accept credit cards or debit cards? A - Yes. As mentioned above in question #1, we accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover
4. Q - What if I need to cancel, is my deposit refunded?
A - Deposits are considered nonrefundable. Since we are a small business,
cancellations have a significant impact on us. Our guests are financially
responsible for any reservation they make with us. If you have to cancel, notify
We will transfer your deposit to a future stay with us so long as it is taken during the
same calandar year and for the same duration as the stay that was cancelled. Should
we decide in certain circumstances to refund deposits, there will always be a $50
5. Q - What is a phone number I can reached at in case of an emergency? A - Our business line is (218) 832 - 3955. We will then get the message to you.
6. Q - Can I get a cell phone signal on your property? A - It simply depends on who your carrier is. AT&T customers definitely get a signal here. We believe Sprint and T-Mobile customers can as well. Verizon customers cannot, however.
7. Q - Do you have Wi-Fi? A - Wi-Fi is available to all the cabins, our lodge, and the grounds around the cabins and
lodge. Wi-Fi is currently not available at the Deer house at this time. Please note that
we are in a rural and heavily wooded area. DSL is the fastest internet service available
to us at this time. There are no cable companies or fiber optic services in our area.
Since our Wi-Fi data must be shared amongst everyone in camp, we ask everyone to
stream or download movies or TV shows prior to coming to the resort and not do those
things while here. This slows the Wi-Fi down drastically and affects everyone. Also,
turning off the automatic updates on mobile devices while at the resort also helps
to provide better Wi- Fi service for all our guests.
8. Q - What are your lodge hours and what is available in the lodge? A - Our lodge is open from 8 AM to 8 PM Sunday through Fridays. On Saturdays, it is only open from 8 AM to 9 AM and then 3 PM to 8 PM. The lodge is closed on Saturdays from 9 AM to 3 PM.
Our lodge is available to all of our guests. This is where we sell bagged ice, live bait (crawlers and leeches only), frozen pizzas, candy, candy bars, pop, bottled water,
personal items, some over-the-counter medications, first aid items, and etc. Also, come
in and check out our lodge gift shop to see what our new resort apparel looks like!
We also have a supply of magazines, books, movies, board games, puzzles, and outdoor
games (corn hole) that can be obtained for your entertainment.
Our lodge always has the coffee pot on, so feel free to come in and have a cup Ask where the fishing hot spots are on the lake. Our lodge also has a cafe area with booths and a serving area should you wish to use it for a family meal gathering. Just let us know in advance and we'll gladly reserve it for you. We also have 2 pizza ovens in the lodge that you can use and not heat up the oven in your cabin.
9. Q - Do you allow visitors, and is there an extra charge for them? A - Yes and yes. Our resort is a private facility maintained exclusively for our registered paying
guests and thus our cabin fees only include registered guests and not any other visitors,
neighbors, friends, relatives, etc.
Let us know in advance if you wish to have daytime visitors as prior notice and approval is
required. Please be aware that the total number of people in your rental unit, including
visitors, cannot exceed the maximum occupancy level of the rental unit.
Our daytime visitor fee is $7.50 per person per day as they too are using our facilities.
Visiting hours are from noon to 8 pm.
All visitors are required to register with us per MN state law. They must do this upon their
arrival and prior to going to your cabin.
Please inform your visitors of the visitor fees as well as our resort policies before they
arrive as our policies apply to everyone on resort property.
10. Q - Do you allow pets? If so, what is required and what is the fee? A - We do allow one well-mannered dog per rental unit and campsite so long as you have discussed this with us prior. Our pet policy requires the following: 1. No barking. 2. The dog must be leashed or kenneled at all times. 3. Under no circumstances is the dog to be left behind alone on our property or in a rental unit without its owner or other family member. This does mean you must take the dog with you out fishing or into town if you have no one else staying behind to attend to the dog. 4. The dog must be cleaned up after immediately with proper disposal of its waste. Waste must be bagged and tied if put into a trash container. 5. A covering from home must be brought with you and used to cover any resort furniture your dog will be allowed up on. 6. You are also responsible for any damage your pet causes.
Rental unit pet fees are $75 per week or $20 per day. Camping pet fees are $25 per week or $5 per day.
11. Q - Do you allow campfires? A - We do allow campfires providing that the Minnesota DNR (Department of Natural Resources) does not have any current campfire restrictions. If campfire restrictions, are in effect, we will let you know.
Otherwise, we have 2 fire pits located between the cabins and the lake. One is located down by cabin 5 and the other larger one is located in front of the lodge. We also have firerings in our camping area. The Deer house has its own private fire pit.
12. Q - What on-site activities do you have available? A - We have a playground for the kids located conveniently behind our cabins. There is a big wooden jungle gym play set there, along with some swings, and a big sand pile the kids are welcome to jump in. See a picture below.
We do have a few bikes (child and adult) that are free for our guests to ride.
We have 4 single kayaks, 2 canoes, and 2 paddle boats that can be enjoyed by all on our quiet NW location of Big Jessie lake.
We also have a basketball hoop, horseshoe pit, corn hole games, croquet game, several card and board games, as well as the fire pits.
We do have a designated "swimming area" that is roped off along a portion of our shoreline. How much sand we have between the shoreline and the lake depends completely on what the lake level is. The higher the lake level the less sandy area we have. Thus the lower the lake level then the more sandy area we have. For more
up to date information on our swimming area, please contact us.
General Cabin Questions:
1. Q - How close are your cabins and family house to the lake? A - We have 7 rentals...6 cabins and our large Deer house. Cabin 1 sits approximately 140 feet from the lake back behind cabins 2 and 3. While it is not right on the lake, the lake is still visible from the cabin. Cabins 2 through 6 are all lakefront and sit beside each other within 100 feet or less from the lake. Cabin 2 is our closest cabin to the lake at approximately 60 feet from the lake. Cabin 6 sits 100 feet from the lake. Click here to see a resort layout diagram.
Our grounds are fairly flat from our cabins to our lodge and the lake. Thus there are no hills or inclines from the cabins to and from the lodge and lake.
Our Deer house sits at the resort entrance and thus is not lakefront. It is approximately 300 feet from the lodge and 360 feet from the lake.
From the Deer house and our road, our driveway comes down a hill and actually ends as our boat launch into the lake. Thus there is a hill to and from the Deer house, lake, and lodge. Some people do find this hill difficult to walk. However, we provide parking down by the lodge to accommodate those who wish to drive their vehicle back and forth.
2. Q - Do you have a list of helpful items I should bring? A - Absolutely! Just click here. This list can be downloaded and printed for your convenience.
3. Q - Do you provide picnic tables and grills? A - Yes! Each of our cabins is provided with its own picnic table and charcoal grill. Our Deer house is provided with 2 picnic tables and 2 charcoal grills. Our playground area is equipped with a picnic table. Our camping area also is equipped with picnic tables and charcoal grills.
** Charcoal bricks and lighter fluid are not provided.
4. Q - Are there phones and TVs in the cabins and Deer house? A - We do have our business phone in the lodge that can be used for local or collect calls. All rentals do have Flat screen TVs with basic satalite and local Duluth channels.
5. Q - What does each cabin come equipped with? A - For a list, click here to go to "Our Cabins " web page.
Fishing and Boating Questions:
1. Q - Is a boat or dock space included with my cabin rental? A - Yes. Rental of a cabin includes your choice of either one free dock space for your personal boat or use of one of our resort boats (without motor) for the duration of your stay.
Rental of the Deer house includes your choice of either two free dock spaces for your personal boats or use of two of our resort boats (without motors) for the duration of your stay.
2. Q - Do you have boats for rent? If so, what are they like? A - Yes, we do have boats for rent. Our resort boats are standard aluminum fishing boats with bench seating. Our inventory includes one 16-foot boat, five 14-foot boats, one 12-foot boat, and 2 Pontoon boats. All resort boats come with two oars for rowing.
3. Q - Do you allow your resort boats to be taken to another lake for fishing? A - Unfortunately this is not possible as we do not have trailers for our resort boats.
4. Q - If I am using a resort boat, can I take it out at night to fish? A - As long as you have clamp-on lights to comply with state boating regulations, you most certainly can. We have one set of lights available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, you most certainly are welcome to bring your own set of clamp-on lights.
5. Q - Can I bring my own depth finder, motor, and/or trolling motor to use on a resort boat? A - Yes, you can as long as they meet the following guidelines. Motors must be 15-HP or less and be short-shaft motors. Trolling motors and depth finders must be the clamp- on type.
6. Q - Do you have motors for rent? If so, what sizes? A - Yes, we do. Motors are rented on a first-come, first-served basis. We have one 15-HP 2 stoke motor, three 8-HP motors. NEW IN 2018 addition of 2 new 15-HP 4-stroke motors
Please note that motor rental includes 1 tank of gas. Guests who rent motors from us are required to purchase their gas from us. Gas tanks are full (3 gallons) Keep an eye on your gas tank throughout your stay and should you need a refill, simply let us know during lodge hours.
7. Q - Do you sell live bait? A - We sell crawlers, leeches, and minnows
8. Q - Do you have a fish cleaning house on-site? A - Yes, we do! It is located beside our garage. The fish pit is directly behind the fish house for proper disposal of fish remains.
9. Q - Do you provide life jackets? A - Yes. We do have a limited supply of life jackets ranging from child sizes up to the universal adult size. We do not have sizes 2XL or larger. We also have a limited supply of throwable cushions. Please note that throwables cannot be used in lieu of life jackets.
10. Q - Do you have lights and electricity at the docks? A - Yes, we do! Each dock has its own light pole and each pole has power outlets. Please be aware that we do not provide extension cords, however. We ask that you bring at least a 75-foot extension cord just in case water levels happen to be low and the docks have been extended out farther into the lake.
11. Q - Does Big Jessie Lake have any special fishing regulations? A - No. Only the daily and possession limits set forth by the Minnesota DNR apply. Big Jessie Lake currently does not have a slot limit.
12. Q - Do you sell fishing licenses on-site? A - No, we do not. However, licenses can be bought at any of the local bait shops. In addition, you can go to the Minnesota DNR's website to purchase your license online by clicking here.
13. Q - Do you have an on-site boat ramp? A - Yes, we do! Our driveway into the resort actually ends as our boat ramp into the lake. New concrete for our ramp was poured April 30, 2015.